Untamo
Handle: LLv34_Untamo
Laivue: Lentolaivue 34
Etunimi: Heikki
Sukunimi: Siltala
Verkkosivu: http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/

Ohjeet oman IL-2 BoS/BoM serverin pyörittämiseen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Untamo » La Tammi 16, 2016 14:16

Lontoon murteella, jos joku jaksaa/kerkeää niin kääntäkää paikalliseksi molotukseksi :)
DServer

A quick and dirty summary of my wrestle with DServer!

Step One - Obtain a DServer key

You must obtain a second key and a specific account to operate DServer.

link - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/147 ... iscussion/

To start a server you need to be authorized on the Master server with a key for this purpose. To get the login and password for this account you need to submit a request to our Customer service helpdesk. Note that this is provided at no charge, i.e., free.

Attention!
To get your ticket processed please follow the following template precisely:
1. login to your account at http://il2sturmovik.com/
2. follow this link https://il2sturmovik...upport/request/
3. put this as the ticket title: DSERVER please
4. enter the text of the ticket as follows:

Hello!
Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesn’t have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game Studios.

5. send this request and wait for response;
6. the account credentials will need to be entered into the .SDS server configuration file.

FYI:
The file with .SDS extension saves all the settings of your server. A mission can be saved as .MISSION, or .MSNBIN - for ranked servers. To help you to get to know the new features we suggest you take a look at the configuration files that we used on the BOS EU Normal server. The archive that you can get via this link contains the following files:

BoS_MP_RD.msnbin - mission file
BoS_MP_RD.eng
BoS_MP_RD.ger
BoS_MP_RD.rus - mission description files
BoS_MP_RD_EU_normal.sds - server config file

Step Two - Locate DServer.exe

Locate the DServer.exe file which is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game

I prefer to have a shortcut icon on the desktop. Right-click on DServer, Send to, Desktop (as shortcut).

While you are in this part of the directory goto -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\editor

and identify the Mission Editor - STEditor. Place a shortcut on your desktop if you wish.

The mission files (COOP or multiplayer) need to be placed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

I would recommend checking the forum Mission Making directory and select a COOP or Multiplayer game to place in this directory mentioned previously.

Step Three - DServer

Run DServer (it take awhile to boot up)

Top left - click File, Manage SDS, Load …
Select the mission you saved in the Dogfight directory previously - Open

Credentials
Login - use the email address you supplied when obtaining the DServer key (not the game key).

Server Name - enter the name of the server that will appear in the Multiplayer list.

Protection - if you want to password protect your room, enter a password here

Server IP - check External

Downloader port - 28100
TCP port - 28000
UDP port - 28000

The advanced setting are self-explanatory and will only be available if custom is selected in Server Type.

Save and Close

Exit DServer

Step Four - Edit the .sds file
Goto the ../Dogfight directory and edit the .sds file of the mission you selected in the DServer.

Check that the credentials match what you provided.

Check that ExternalIP=1
Confirm the port information is correct.
Save and exit

Step Five - edit the startup.cfg file

Goto:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

Edit the startup.cfg using Notepad.
Check for the following:
client_download_traflimit=1000
client_upload_traflimit=1000
downloader_port=28100
tcp_port=28000
udp_port=28000

Step Six - Port Forwarding

For the uninitiated this will be the most problematic part of the process. There are a lot of variables in the networking process, but with a little luck it can be straight forward.

First, login to your router/modem using a web browser.

Locate the Port Forwarding section - a quick search on the web for your modem's Port Forwarding dialogue may help. I have a Fritz! Box and Port Forwarding is located under "Permit Access".

While the layout will vary from modem to modem the required data will be the same.

In my case, there was a button - "New Port Forwarding".

I then selected "Other applications". You will know you have the correct menu when you are required to enter three port numbers. For example,

Name - enter a name - il2 BOS
Protocol - TCP
From Port - 28000 through port 28000
To Computer - select your PC or enter your IP address manually.
To port - 28000

Repeat the process for TCP port 28100, TCP port 80, UDP 28000.

Step Seven - Firewalls

Check you PC Firewall to ensure that DServer can get access to the internet.

Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Allow programs and features: Check that il2 BOS and DServer are entered correctly.

This process can also be undertaken through the Advanced Settings if you wish.

It is worth checking if your internet provider also has a firewall. Mine did, but it was an easy process to disable this feature. This firewall blocks 80 and 443 so must be turned off.

If you have problems initially, disable the Windows Firewall to ensure that it is not the issue.

Step Eight - DServer

File - Open, select you mission, OK

With a little luck you and your mates will be able to see your new server on the Multiplayer list.

Be prepared for trial and error in the process. There is plenty of information on the net re Port Forwarding and your provider should be able to assist.

A bit quick and dirty but I hope it helps those wishing to host their own room.

Step Nine

Use the High Performance setting for your PC.
[a href="http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/122 ... r-setting/"]BOS Forum link - High Performance Setting[/a]