Handle: BlauKreuz
Laivue: Lentolaivue 34
Etunimi: Sami
Sukunimi: Kukkonen
Verkkosivu: http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/

Wind of Change - Thanks for the ten years

Viesti Kirjoittaja BlauKreuz » La Tammi 03, 2009 23:01

Gents,

Lentolaivue 34 was founded just over ten years ago and I have acted as its CO all the way from the beginning. That means about 3690 days during twelve different years (1998-2009). I have been pleased to note that many of our virtual squadron’s rules, customs, web graphics, etc., which I have had some part in creating and developing, have been acceptable also for some other EAW-, FB- and AH-squadrons, as well as to some aviation related web sites. Maybe I have thus done some things right.

Ten years is, however, a long time when thinking of any job or task, regardless of how fun and enjoyable they have been. It is probably even too long for the passion of doing things and the level of activity to survive. After some serious thinking I have come to a conclusion that it has become a suitable time for me to let go of something that has been fairly important part of who I am, and has filled so much of my daily life for so many years. It is a good time to make room for some fresher thoughts. As it happens, there is this certain XO who is almost exactly ten years younger than I, and I could imagine no better man to carry on the job than him. Don’t cheer yet though, since I will surely continue this hobby of ours in LLv34, just in a new task, as a Technical Officer.

I wish to thank all past and current pilots of LLv34 for the existence of our virtual squadron - it has been a rare privilege to lead you guys. And also thanks to all the active pilots and leaders of all other squadrons for all kind of co-op during past years.

I wish our new CO, Camouflage, success and best of luck in his new task. T!

BlauKreuz

--------------------------------------------------------

Hyvät herrat,

Lentolaivue 34 perustettiin hieman yli kymmenen vuotta sitten ja olen toiminut sen komentajana alusta asti, kahdentoista eri vuoden aikana (1998-2009), n. 3690 päivän ajan. Olen ilolla huomannut, että monet virtuaalilaivueemme säännöt, toimintatavat, nettisivugrafiikat, yms., joita olen ollut mukana tekemässä ja kehittämässä, ovat vuosien varrella kelvanneet myös joillekin muille EAW-, FB- ja AH-laivueille, sekä joillekin ilmailuaiheisille nettisivustoille. Ehkäpä on siis tullut tehtyä joitakin asioita oikein.

Kymmenen vuotta missä tahansa hauskassa tai nautinnollisessakin hommassa tai tehtävässä on kuitenkin pitkä aika - ehkä liiankin pitkä, jotta tekemisen into ja aktiivisuus säilyisivät. Mietittyäni asiaa pidemmän aikaa, olen päätynyt siihen, että minun on tullut aika luopua itselleni niin pitkään tärkeästä hommasta, joka on ollut varsin suuri osa siitä kuka olen, ja joka on välillä täyttänyt suuren osan päivittäisestä elämästäni. On koittanut sopiva aika väistyä ja päästää nuorempaa innokasta verta puikkoihin. Eräs varakomentaja sattuu olemaan sopivasti kymmenen vuotta itseäni nuorempi, eikä parempiin käsiin laivuetta voisi jättää. Älkää kuitenkaan vielä hurratko, sillä jatkan toki itse edelleen harrastamista laivueessamme, mutta uudella teknisen upseerin vakanssilla.

Kiitoksia kaikille LLv34:n entisille ja nykyisille piloteille virtuaalilaivueemme olemassaolosta – komentajananne toimiminen on ollut harvinainen etuoikeus. Kiitokset myös muiden laivueiden aktiivisille piloteille ja johtoporukoille kaikenlaisista yhteistyökuvioista menneiden vuosien varrella.

Toivotan uudelle komentajallemme, Camolle, onnea ja menestystä uudessa tehtävässään. T!

BlauKreuz
BlauKreuz, Lentolaivue 34

LLv34_Camouflage
Handle: Camo
Etunimi: Ville
Sukunimi: Pitkänen

Re: Wind of Change - Thanks for the ten years

Viesti Kirjoittaja LLv34_Camouflage » Su Tammi 04, 2009 01:39

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You BK for the ten years you have given us. I still remember that day in Koff's office when Lentolaivue 34 was established. The squadron has come a long way since then and we owe it all to you. I've been privileged to act as your XO.

With gratitude and great humility I accept the task of commanding Lentolaivue 34. You left me big boots to fill, but luckily a squadron in good shape. We're active and in good fighting spirit. That said, I hope the times to come will bring an increase in War Missions and organized squadron activity - both in AH and IL2FB. After all, these are what Lentolaivue 34 is all about. To quote a famous man, who was shot in the head, much like I have been so many times on my war missions: Ask not what your squadron can do for you - ask what you can do for your squadron.

It's been a great adventure so far and there's so much more to come. I can't wait for to the next ten years!

Camo

LLv34_Jompa
Handle: Me 109
Etunimi: Jonny
Sukunimi: Forsén
Verkkosivu: http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja LLv34_Jompa » Su Tammi 04, 2009 21:36

BlauKreuz!

T!hankS! for all the time and effort You have put into virtual Lentolaivue 34! Since I was in my young teens I've had this crazy interest in WWII aviation, and thanks to You (not to forget the others in the foundation process) I have pretty much been able to live this childlish dream of mine - to be a WWII fighter pilot. The War Missions, the promotions, medals and the great organisation of it all have kept me hooked those ten years and will most probably do it for the next ten years as well. Flying with LLv34 is as real as it can be without being the real thing.
Your service records in EAW and AH are outstanding and a shiny examples to us all, and with great confidence I can say on behalf of the whole squadron that You have been a leader we've all been looking up to. Once again, ~THANKS~ my friend for great ten years!

I also want to express my congratulations to our new Commanding Officer Camouflage. Good luck in your great task mate, and may the Force be with you! :mrgreen:
-------------------------
Kapt. Jompalainen
1. Lentueen Päällikkö

Dictonius
Handle: LLv34_Dictonius
Etunimi: Timo
Sukunimi: Laakso

Viesti Kirjoittaja Dictonius » Ma Tammi 05, 2009 09:02

I've not been in the squad for all the ten years of its existence, but for all those years I've been in the ranks I have always had this firm trust for our CO. Job well done BK and thank you for the effort. I suppose this means that you have now more time to fly and less worries about the resposibilities - welcome where we are BK ;)

Congraz Camo and godspeed! :)

LLv34_Kotari
Handle: Kotari
Etunimi: Jani
Sukunimi: Hyvärinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja LLv34_Kotari » Ma Tammi 05, 2009 21:00

And i have nothing to add to the previous messages, so i will just express my deepest cond...erm... Best of luck to Camo as our leader <S> :mrgreen:

RaimoK
Handle: LLv34_RaimoK
Laivue: LLv34
Virtual Pilots Finland
Etunimi: Raimo
Sukunimi: Korpi
Verkkosivu: http://www.virtualpilots.fi http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/

Viesti Kirjoittaja RaimoK » Ti Tammi 06, 2009 13:02

Ei muutakun onnea sekä uudelle että vanhalle komentajalle.

RaimoK
XO, Lentolaivue 34

Vastaa Viestiin